photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Canada Day 2012...

Happy belated Canada Day! 

A group of us chose to spend the long weekend on a girls camping trip up the Island, exploring Strathcona Park. It's an area none of us had ever been and is known for it's hiking trails and untouched land. 

I apologize ahead of time if some of the pictures are blurry, we all had to pack very lightly and for this reason I did not bring my camera with me. All of the pictures were taken with my phone. 


After a 4.5 hour drive, this was the first sign we encountered when we arrived at our campground  
June 30th, it made me a little uneasy... I think if Elsie had been with me I would have turned around and gone home!


Everyday we hiked a new trail, and during our day hike up Phillips Ridge 
we went high enough to reach snow!


 It started to pour rain in the middle of the night on our last day so packing up was a challenge. Ourselves and all of our gear was soaking wet, and now my backyard looks like a small campground because I've set everything up to air dry. 

In the end it was very well worth it. 


 I can't wait until my next trip!


Did you do anything fun this long weekend? 
I know many went camping, did anyone else get rained out?

4 comments:

  1. that looks like it was a fantastic trip! beautiful views! great pics! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated Canada Day! what an awesome weekend you must've had, your photos make me a little sad I kept my weekend so low key- hiked high enough to reach snow, that's amazing! I bet it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty incredible, you really have to make sure you're with the right people to embark on an adventure like this :)

      Low key is under appreciated! Typically I do things low key, you just caught me on an off day :P

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pictures. Looks like you had a fun weekend - I miss the mountains!

    ReplyDelete