photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On My Needles...

If you've noticed a bit of a lull in knitting news it's because I have just finished some major deadline knitting, unfortunately top secret deadline knitting.

Once again my needles are free and I am dying to start swatching with my Fibres West yarns on some new designs but I know that some pleasure knitting is in order first so I've cast on for my very first shawl. I don't wear shawls but I would really like to have a triangular shawl to wear as a neckerchief. 

On my needles...



...this pattern has been on the to-knit list for ages and it suits my mood just perfectly right now. The yarn is Cashluxe Fine in Saffron by Sweet Georgia Yarns. I had planned on designing my own shawl with this particular skein but having never made a shawl and with a pending knit night on Saturday I really needed some relaxation knitting to bring with me :)


 
...what's on your needles?

9 comments:

  1. What cast-on method did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, I'm also knitting with Cashluxe Fine - in Savory and Espresso. Fabulous yarn! I bought it at Knit Night last night and had to cast on with it today. I'm going to try to design a (not warm) scarf with it, having never designed but having knit a scarf before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS colour! Actually, I also have one of Gudrun's patterns on my needles - Mirry Dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Fridica totally about the color. You have a gift for choosing yarns in these stunning, compelling colors! I've had my eye on that Aestlight pattern too and can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful color! Like sunshine spun into gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. to Magoogly
    Those little loops that you see are actually yarn overs done right on the border of the knitting... I love this pattern so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. to fridica

    I love Mirry Dancers! You have great taste :)

    ...and Gudrun is sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, top secreting knitting means new Jane patterns!! Exciting!! that Aestlight shawl is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hope, hope hope I know what your super secret knitting is about!
    :)

    ReplyDelete