photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

New Website + Blog Move!

I'm moving!
I've been secretly working on a new website since last August!! And because my pattern line is extensive and this blog dates back to 2009, it's been a very long haul to get things moved over—for now, I'm rolling out a soft launch. On the site you'll find 35 of my top selling patterns (you can still find my full pattern line on Ravelry), my entire blog archive has been moved over, plus there are some great new features to the site! Eventually my entire pattern line will be available on the site as well but for now I'm really excited to share the added functionality that the new site has to offer!





Shopify
The site is hosted through Shopify which is a familiar platform for many (I personally love the accelerated checkout!). Patterns are ready for immediate download after purchase and there's even a nifty Ravelry integration which allows users to download the pattern file directly AND add it to their Ravelry library for safe keeping if they so chose! (YESS)!! Learn more about this optional feature on the new FAQ page.


Tutorials
The tutorials page has had a face lift, I'm hoping it will be easier to navigate and find what you need. Tutorials are grouped by media (blog articles with photo tutorials are listed first followed by video tutorials linked from my YouTube and Instagram. I'd love your suggestions on new tutorials you'd like to see! 




 Jane Richmond / Knitting Tutorials



Knit-Alongs
A new section for knit-alongs has been created where you can find KALs both past and present. Knit-alongs can be a great resource for pattern specific support. Find tips, tricks, and step by step instruction in the knit-along archives. If you are working on one of the patterns featured in a knit-along it's definitely worth browsing it's knit-along resource page for additional info or fun modification ideas. For now the two most recent knit-alongs are posted and I hope to add many more from the archives as content continues to be added to the new site.



 Jane Richmond / Knit-Alongs



For those of you who enjoy watching my garden grow, I've tucked a link into the footer navigation where you can browse the In the Garden archives!





 I really hope you enjoy the new site and continue to follow along as more content gets added and blogging resumes over in the new space!


  To celebrate the new website and blog I'm launching my birthday sale early!!


50% OFF — early birthday sale!

The sale is normally 50% OFF and one day only across multiple platforms (website, ravelryetsy) but as a special treat I'm offering this discount early for an extended period exclusively on the new site from now until my birthday (June 4).




Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment