photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Monday, March 10, 2014

LINDEN mittens || Cast On and Knit Along!


Ready... Set... CO!!!

Today's the day! I know we've all been anxiously awaiting to cast on our LINDEN mittens and today is the day! I've been especially excited to get going because I have a very special skein of Caterpillargreen Yarn in their new colourway Hillside that I will be knitting with. It's my very first time working with this yarn -- it's been making the rounds in our knitting group and I've been very envious, I couldn't wait to work with it myself. 


I've always been in love with the colourways but now that I've worked with the yarn first hand, I can honestly say it's heaven! I enjoyed knitting with it so much I didn't want to stop swatching -- even after I found the right needle size to get gauge!


I swatched in the round because I know my knit stitch is tighter than my purl. 
I'm glad I did because it turns out I needed to go down two needle sizes!



And now I'm ready to cast on my mittens!!! What about you? Will you be knitting along with us? What yarn are you using? Come join the conversation!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I just finished some plain socks with Caterpillargreen's Warm and Fuzzy and I just happen to have a skein of their Concrete and Tulips, so I should join you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE Concrete and Tulips!! You should totally join us!

      Delete
  2. oooh, just look at those gorgeous, earthy tones!! that yarn looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each new colour stripe is a complete surprise! It's so much fun! ...which colourway did you end up ordering?!

      Delete