photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Friday, April 6, 2012

Classic Raglan KAL // Week 6


Hooray! Week 6, the grand finale and I was able to finish on Wednesday, block it on Thursday, and photograph it today :) Once we were into week 6 and I could finally pick up my knitting again (I tell you, it's not been easy recovering from this stomach flu, it was a full week before I woke up feeling okay), there was no stopping me on that last sleeve. 


I am so happy with my finished pullover! It fits perfectly, with two inches of negative ease, just the way I wanted it to now that we are ready to shed our winter coats for Spring. I knit the 32 (I am a size 34 bust) and followed the instructions to a T with the exception of the lengthwise measurements... I realized once I had begun the hip shaping that following the measurements for the size 34 instead, placed the shaping right where it needed to be. I didn't add any length to the body because I knew that it would grow after blocking and grow it did, I gained an extra 3 inches of body length which means it sits perfectly at my belt line. 


Austen, our lovely knit along host, has also finished her pullover right on time and it looks amazing! So hop on over to the Canadian Living craft blog and check it out. Be sure to leave a comment as she has some prizes up her sleeve!

And we are done just in time to jump on board Shannon's latest knit along! Hop on over to luvinthemommyhood and get your needles ready for Tops, Tanks, and Tees!!!



16 comments:

  1. Ahh! It's gorgeous. I love the tighter fit of this one -- it suits you so well. Plus, how cute are you in that first picture? The cutest.

    You make me totally want to knit a Classic Raglan Pullover also. I missed the KAL (too many knitting projects, not enough time) but would love to do one down the road. Maybe for fall! Oooh ooh, so tempting. So tempting. Ack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I looove this colour so much, makes me want to knit a third *twitch twitch* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty on you. Love the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, it looks awesome! I love that colour. I blocked mine post photos and think I'll gain a couple inches too...always a good thing, in my book. Thanks for writing a great pattern and being such a fun KAL-er. Can't wait to try Gemini for the TTT knitalong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, Jane! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks totally gorgeous - the colour is perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks beautiful! you should take pics of mine.... ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it :) Looks awesome, glad to hear your stomach flu is better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks amazing! love the colour, it suits you really well. Also love your new hair-doo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, you look gorgeous my dear! Love your hair too!!! So rockin!!! Can't wait to wear ours all together and get a group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweater looks amazing of course, but your hair! To die for! Your look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect colour for you! And you rock a classic raglan very well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sweater is perfection, and looks amazing on you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sweater is Gorgeous!

    Also: why did you have to show the back of your hair?! (kidding) I need a hair cut and can't decide what to do and now I see how cute your hair is and I think I might want to go that short now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go short for summer! You won't regret it :) I thought short hair would be more work, turns out it's a lot less!

      Delete
  15. i LOVE yours! ooo...LOVE it! the fit is absolutely wonderful...beautiful, beautiful color. this sweater is so much fun. xo

    ReplyDelete