photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Friday, December 3, 2010

Off My Needles: Begbie Cowl


I finished that mellow yellow project I was working on. I really wanted a cowl that looped around my neck twice for a really casual look that kept my neck warm but wasn't super heavy like some of my uber long scarves. This was really fun to knit, I especially liked the blocking process. It's always fun to take scrunched up yarn overs that don't look like much and stretch them to create a totally different fabric that is airy and open.


This was a surprisingly fast knit, easily accomplished over two or three nights of knitting (or two movies in my case).  


And as I said before, I love this yarn. There will be more "Off My Needles" posts using this yarn I can assure you.  


As always you can purchase the pattern from my Ravelry Shop, my Etsy Shop, or directly from my blog.  Here are the details...


The Begbie Cowl is a fun and fast knit perfect for gift knitting or adding a splash of colour to your own wardrobe. Lacy ribbing in a thick single ply creates a light accessory that is soft and warm. Loop it around twice for a loose fit that protects the back of your neck but doesn't make you too toasty. Double it up and wear it snug like a key hole scarf for those particularly cold days. The pattern includes two styles of finishing, both of which can be worn in many different ways.

Materials:
• 100g ball of Patons Classic Wool Roving (shown in Yellow), 109m/120yds
• 6.5 mm needles
• Yarn Needle
• 3 Buttons (optional, Finishing: Method 2)

Gauge:
14 sts and 18.5 rows = 4 in over st st

Sizes:
One Size

Finished Measurements:
41 in long and 3 ¾ in wide (unblocked)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I've been searching for a cowl pattern like this & believe it or not I even bought this yarn (in this color!) with a cowl in mind! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love it - your designs are all so clean and modern.

    Just cast on your Sedum pattern and am loving it. Very squishy fabric for the "colder" weather we have been having on Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete