photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Monday, August 2, 2010

Symphony Splash

I attended the Symphony Splash with Fran this year. The crowds were amazing and Fran had scored us some really great seats on the sloped lawn of the Cosway.

I really enjoyed the bright colours of the canoes, kayaks, and boats patiently waiting in their front row seats...


The Victoria Symphony ready and waiting on their floating stage...


The lawn of the parliament building was jam packed...


Fireworks during the finale...


...It was a wonderful night but I must say that soloist Phillip Manning on the violin was the highlight for me. I favor the violin in instrumental pieces because to me it sounds like someone singing the melody, it evokes emotion and really draws me into the music. What a wonderful performance. If you were in attendance last night I hope you enjoyed the Symphony Splash as much as I did.

...and Happy BC day to all my fellow Canadians!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. If my husband and I got a chance to go, we'd just die with happiness. hehe. I like flutes for the same reason you like violins...but I used to play, so I suppose I'm not a fair judge.

    Cheers!
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete