photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christopher


I rarely knit for Christopher because just like me he is very picky and won't wear just anything so I am very selective about what I knit for him. This toque was inspired by his favorite hat which is oatmeal in colour and double layered for warmth and comfort. Because it's his absolute favorite I wanted to make a hat that was similar but different so I decided to make the lining in a striped pattern so that this hat could be reversible. Chris loves it and actually favours the stripes. A quick thank you to Shannon for inspiring me to design a decent hat for the fellas.

Materials
  • 1 x 100g ball of Patons Classic Wool in Natural Mix (MC)
  • 1 x 100g ball of Patons Classic Wool in Mercury (CC)
  • 4.5 mm circular needle, 20 inches long
  • 4.5 mm dpns, set of 5
  • 4 stitch markers + 1 split ring marker to denote beginning of rnd.
  • Yarn Needle

Gauge
19 sts and 28 rows = 4 in over st st

Sizes
To fit: 21(23) in circumference



9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Jer is gonna freak, he will love this hat! Thanks for finally making a decent men's knit hat pattern - you rock Jane!!! And it's reversible! I bow to you, knit goddess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously blushing! Thanks Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern. It would be great for my boys as they always complain that the hats are a bit scratchy. This should take care of it.
    I love your designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great hat! My husband is super picky and I think this one may be a winner! Thanks for another great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome, Jane. I've been so unhappy with all the male hat patterns I've seen so far - and this one rectifies it all! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic hat! I know what you mean, I rarely knit for my husband for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great hat, I have a Chris who loves his hand knit hats so he'll have to have one some day soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I just finished a hat for my husband, and it was the same way, he's too picky and I'm too picky to knit for him! But we finally found something he liked and it's so perfect. It's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. eric bompard (french cashmere fashion brand) "copied" your hat:
    http://www.eric-bompard.com/lang-fr/bonnets/797-bonnet-dejauge-double-face.html
    don't they say: imitation is the highest form of flattery? ;)

    ReplyDelete